[Everfree Forest] Anything you can do, I can do too. [open]

flutterscotch

:sniff:"You can do this Apple Bloom, just a little faster" a small yellow filly panted, her bow wilting under the sweat pouring of of her, willing herself to go just a little further. The annual running of the leaves over in Whitetail Wood was coming up in a few short months, and Apple Bloom was determined to show her big sister that she could do anything that AppleJack could.

Applejack had always treated Apple Bloom like the baby of the family, which she was, but she didn't FEEL like the baby anymore. She was even -----> THIS CLOSE<--------- to getting her cutie mark, she could feel it. And with it the knowledge that she had a special talent, and the respect for that special talent from the rest of the ponies in the community. She remembered last year when Twilight Sparkle had come in 5th in the Running of the Leaves how Applejack just seemed to respect Twilight just a tiny bit more. She felt that if she could just show AJ that she could do ONE thing, just one as well as she could, maybe her sister would treat her a little bit more like a mare.

So she decided to train. Her friends Scootaloo and SweetieBelle had looked at her like she was insane but had still offered to come along to help her, but Apple Bloom in a shocking turn of events decided that just this once she wanted to do it on her own. So she made for the Everfree Forest where she was least likely to run into anyone she wouldn't want to see her practice.

"The only problem", the sweaty and tired filly said out loud, "Is I don't think I'mma in such good shape as AppleJack", admitting defeat for the day before plunking down on a mossy bed next to a tiny stream. Exhausted she craned her neck out a little bit, and too tired to even fully lift her head to drink, she closed her eyes and just kind of made a vague effort to lap at the water.

"I'm gonna be sore tomorrow. How am I gonna explain this to everypony back home?"

Harmony Everskies

Harmony was on she's way with Flighty, at first she wanted to explore more place where she met little friend. They packed everything what they need in Harmony camp and went away from their home. She started to slowly look at the place she was was avoids from the sky. At first she stopped at Ponyville to look more at the place where she lived for a while.

Ponyville, place where i met You Flighty. Well, not exactly cause it was in this Everfree Forest. Hey I have great idea, lets fly here my little birdy. She said this and smiled.

They flyed to Everfree forest and started to walk at the entrance to place, she don't wanted to miss anything in the forest even when she loved to fly. At her way with Flighty sitting on her back and resting, they have heard strange noises and started to move faster. They finally saw a filly who was probably tired.

Hai there? Something is wrong, or You just having fun alone here sweetie? Flighty shifted from her back to front to take a look at the AppleBloom.

Apple Bloom rolled over on to her back. "Oh OH! Hello there! No, ah'm ok, jus' a little tired." she rolled back over and stood up, expending a hoof to the white pegasus. "Ah'm Apple Bloom, from Sweet Apple Acres. and Ah'm TRYING to train to win the runnin' of the leaves and maybe get my cutie mark. Nobody told me it would be so darn HARD though. Or tirin'"

Apple Bloom took a deep breath, "You see, I'm the youngest in mah family and nobody sees that I'm a growin' up even though Ah don't have my cutie mark yet, but they almost never let me go out to do things to find mah cutie mark 'cus they say I am too young, but Ah think if Ah can beat my big sister at something that she's good at maybe Ah'll get my cutie mark that way, or at least be allowed to go out and do things to discover my special talent and get my cutie mark because right now Ah cain't do anything, and they treat me like a baby and it JUST AIN'T FAIR!"

Breathlessly she added "Oh, ah'm sorry, Ah got carried away again and that was impolite. What's your name?"

Harmony Everskies

Harmony little laughed when she was hearing what AppleBloom is saying, at all Harmony was listening to her without disturbing on make any jokes about things she said.

Oh my name! My name is Harmony Everskies and this little birdy is Flighty Sparrow flew from Harmony head to the ground to show yourself to Applebloom, then he started to search for worms in ground.

You worry about Cutie Mark? Ah, don't care for it. When You will discover what You likes and will do it, Your cutie mark will show on Your flank. So You are just training to beat Your sister? Training is always hard, the best way in it is when You have partner to train, right Flighty? She looked at Flighty and little smiled to AppleBloom.

Wait, they saying that You are too Young to go out? This is shame, You are big already. I don't see a problem to let You out.

• 2 weeks later...

" It's niceta meetcha! Oh, what a cute li'l sparrow you have there Miss Harmony! the little yellow filly said animatedly.

"Yeah,ah get what yer sayin' Miss Harmony, but it's just so tough a'waitin' to get older all the time when your big brother an' big sister are already full on adults, an' act like their your parents, but ah like what you said about needin' a partner. Ah wonder who ah could get to run with me. Scootaloo ain't one for runnin'. Too slow fer her. Sweetiebelle'd rather be doin' inside stuff. Maybe Ah could get Zecora, only she doesn't seem like the marathon type...."

Apple Bloom hung her head a little. "Ah cain't think of anypony who would wanna waste their time trainin' with a blank flank like me."

Harmony Everskies

Nodding a little while Apple Bloom was talking to her, she smiled slightly and came near Apple Bloom to give her little stroke.

You are such a sweet filly! Hey, it is not cause You're a blank flank. Everyone was a blank flank once. gave another a smile while she patted Apple Bloom's head. She looked at Flighty and he gave Harmony a little nod.

Hey, if You want, I can train with You. I never done this before because of this she straightened her wings to give Apple Bloom a look at what she is talking about.

But sure I can try, it is very good to try something new everyday, isn't it? And call me just Harmony. She stopped to pat Apple Bloom's head and looked at her, Harmony thought that Apple Bloom is very funny but a hard-working filly that finally wanted her cutie mark to appear.

• 3 weeks later...

And just like that, Apple Bloom's funk was gone! She'd made a new friend and training partner in Harmony! Never one to mope for too long, she said brightly "You mean it, Harmony, that would be jus' great!"

"I thought we could run to those ol' ruins an' back. That should let me know how much I'm gonna need to train! But no fair usin' your wings!",Apple Bloom laughed, "cept for Flighty. With his little legs, I dun' think he can keep up with us!"

"An' one-two-three GO!" she shouted, taking off at a sprint towards the direction or the ruined castle of the princesses, as fast as her little yellow legs could carry her, knowing full well in the back of her mind that the much older and larger mare was sure to catch up rather quickly.

A spikey lime green winged Filly yawned softly as she continued through the moist grass of the woods, over her back and at her side rested a saddle bag made of light brown fabric, the pin on the front to keep the top closed was shaped like a leaf.

She continued her light and merry pace stopping every second or two to take a plant between her teeth and plucking it from the dirt, shaking her head slightly to loosen the dirt from the roots before slipping it into the bag to join the other plants that were in there that would be made into various things later on.

As she continued to trot on in that light hearted step of hers she paused as a blur of pail yellow and pink bolted past her, making her jerk and raise her front hooves “Agh!” Wincing as she fell down on her butt and huffed.

“Hey now watch where you are running you lil pink speed demon!” She called and huffed blowing a tuff of black and green streaked main out of her view before lifting a hoof up to push up her glasses.

(There I hope it's okay-covers head with hooves- >.<)

• 3 weeks later...

Harmony gave a little free go to Applebloom cause she was bigger and probably faster, so it would be better to give a little head start to Applebloom. After some secs, Harmony started to run as fast as she can. Ever when Harmony used a lot of times her wings, she was a quite good runner on ground aswell, especially when she often tried to escape from her parents. When they was running they was near of hitting a pony with black and green mane. Harmony stopped to run and looked at her, Flighty got from Harmony mane to take a look why they stopped. Harmony got her head al ittle down and looked at QuickLime.

I'm sorry for both of us, We don't wanted to be near of hit anyone but You should watch out aswell. It is a public place and You should be more careful, especially that.. This forest is not very friendly.

Harmony smiled to Quick and waited for her response as she looked if Applebloom stopped running or no.

"My mistake assuming that somepony could take a walk through the woods to gather ingredients and not be ran over by a mini stampede" She replied snorting lightly as she stood up straight "And public places usually mean one should avoid running recklessly and risking nearly hitting someone.." She added fixing her mane, checking her basket to make sure nothing fell out of it "I know it's dangerous but what is life without a little danger here and again ?"

"Well, Excuse me lady!", Apple Bloom retorted quite rudely. The little filly didn't like to be talked down to like she was a foal, and sometimes her incensed sense of pride got in the way of her manners. She was, after all, raised in a barn. "Ah'm sorry Ah almost ran into you, but you ain't gotta get so snooty about it!"

She looked back at Harmony, almost daring the older pegasus to reprimand her with a fierce glare, until she couldn't take it any longer and burst out laughing. "Ah never really run into anypony here in the forest. Jus' ol' Zecora, she's a zebra an' lives in this really neat hut. She's my friend, but she ain't got no interest in helpin' me train for the runnin' of the leaves, although ah'm sure she'll cook me up some kind of neat soup to help my sore, blank flanks. See, that's why Ah'm runnin'. Ah'm SURE to get my cutie mark if ah can beat my big sis in the race!"

• 3 weeks later...

“There is no need to be so rude” Quicklime replied sternly “And I’m not being snooty about it either, I know you didn’t mean to that’s why it’s called an accident” Shaking her head so her black and green mane and sighed lightly such a defensive little filly.

The next part made her raise a brow “I never run into anypony else here either hence my surprise, you’re friends with Zecora? You seem like a lucky Filly, I’d love to get to know her, she and I do similar work…” Quicklime thought on it briefly “Minus the chanting I tried that once did not end so good… but if your flanks are bothering you I’m sure I could help with that”

The little pony proceeded to go on about her cutie mark and Quicklime tilted her head “So you are quite the little runner then?” The little filly’s passion must be running if she thought winning a race would get it for her!

• 2 weeks later...

Harmony Everskies

Harmony sighed as she was listening to conversation between QuickLime and AppleBloom. She nods a bit and smiled a bit to both of them. Flighty had fly away from her mane to nearest branch and started to sing like birds, especially sparrow do. When both of them has end talking, she looked at Quick Like and smiled.

You see, it was easy to evade us cause You should hear that someone is running here, it wasn't that quietly right? Harmony laughed a bit to both of them and again looked at Quicklime.

I understand that You was quite embarrassed that You got right into our running, but You need to aswell see our point of view in this situation.