[Ponyville] Singing For Your Supper [Open]

Vintage

"Bingo-bango."

The town of Ponyville was finally in her sights. As far as Feedback was concerned, it was a welcome sight at that. She'd been hoofin' it for the passed day or two, only occasionally hitch-hiking a ride on somepony's cart. Still, there it was, and she was thankful for it.

Running a hoof back through her mane - and doing nothing for making it any bit organized - the mare adjusted her satchel and guitar, and strode over the main bridge. The day was lovely and bright, and the town itself looked to be packed to the teeth with hustling and bustling. "I'll bet this place is full'a ponies who are down for some sick riffs." Or at least somepony who could appreciate music enough to pass a bit of coinage her way. Silly Feedback. If there was one thing she was the worst at, it was monetary issues; she'd spent most of her money on food and guitar strings, already. Her belly wasn't satisfied with the clover sandwich she'd fed it yesterday, however, and was nagging at her again. Such was the life of a starving artist.

Her hair and piercings definitely seemed to give her a few odd glances as she made her way through town. She was used to it, though. Her silent reply was always a coy smile or a conspiratorial wink. Finally finding a tree for some shade and a place to rest her legs, the mare plopped down and gently shrugged off her satchel, guitar case swung around in front of her and propped open. The guitar therein was taken out - the body styled in an edgy upside-down V shape, and as bright a yellow as the sun in summertime. Leaning back against the tree behind her, Feedback would strum lazily until she found herself a comfortable rhythm and melody, ad-libbing lyrics as she went.

Shake it up, sleepy town,

Get up on your hooves tonight,

Laugh away that sorry frown -

Cuz we gonna rock tonight!

Shake your tail and party right,

Don't let nothing get you down!

Her voice had certainly been a practiced one. Feminine for sure, but with a hearty sound to it, singing from her chest and not her nose. She'd occasionally shoot glances at passerbys, knowing that she was singing for them first and foremost, even before she was singing for her supper. Still, she kept the guitar case open in the event somepony did feel generous.

MelodySpark was out in Ponyville for a vacation. Today was a wonderful day the sun is shining there are a few clouds in the sky to make it cooler Melody was just so taken aback by it all the Pegasi here do great weather control but before getting all swept up in the moment of how great the weather was she needed to do what was on her list. She sigh how she longed to be back home just singing her heart out to anything that would listen but that wouldn't happen so she trotted along with her to complete her shopping trip.

"Apple, pears, cinnamon, daisies, grass pancakes...." she went on with her list quiet bored "Great that's everything I need let's get out of here and go" she quickly paid for her supplies and left. As Melody headed home she heard a song near a tree enchanted by the voice and the singing she just had to follow. When she walked around the tree to see green mare with a unusually done mane and a couple of piercing. This Mare was the type of ponies Melody avoided but her voice just drew her to her. Melody got closer to the mare more and more interested in her.

When the music stopped she asked "Excuse me Miss I was walking by and heard your great song and I wish to sit here to listen to more if that's okay with you that is." even if the Mare said no she'd say anyway

Music playing was something that always set the punk pony at a relative ease. She'd already forgotten about the soreness of her hooves. Laziness made it hard for her to come up with any further lyrics at the moment, but the melody from those strings kept filling the afternoon air. Feedback leaned back and closed her eyes. Seemed like a simple, small town, but for her, that only made is more peaceful. She hadn't expected a voice to pipe up after she'd finished her song, however.

Glancing up, the unicorn gave a passerby who'd seemed to be interested in her music a small, crooked grin. "You like it? Awesome. Was just somethin' I came up with on the spot." She scooted over a bit, gesturing with a flick of her head to the spot under the tree next to her. "Knock yourself out. Name's Feedback. I'm a wanderin' minstrel." Not a lie, really, but she made it sound more fancy than it was for her.

"So, you live here in Ponyville?" she'd ask, making some small-talk between picking herself out a new song to strum.

Melody took a seat next to the strange Mare and was astonished that she came up with that song on the spot. "That's quite amazing to come up with a song out of the blue" she praised now more intrigued by this Mare "My name is MelodySpark by the way but you can just call me Melody" she was pleased that despite Feedback's look she was quite friendly "I'm just here in Ponyville for vacation from Manehatten. I'm a voice coach and it seems we have something in common"

It took a moment for Melody to realize that she said wandering minstrel and wondered if she had a place to stay "So you just get here or what?" she started "Do you have a place to crash?"