RWBY ((OOC discussion+sign ups))

4 minutes ago, PyroBlaze said:

Well he's not really a samurai, but he does wear samurai armor.

3 minutes ago, DreamySunday said:

Then what were you confused about? Dreamy is confused about your confusion!

I just found it weird that the language and the armor don't...match. That's all, there's probably a story behind it. I was just confused about that.

Don't mind this CBC...have this gif of Ranmao instead.

Image result for black butler ranmao wakame Wakame, suki suki~

Just now, SymphonicFire said:

I just found it weird that the language and the armor don't...match. That's all, there's probably a story behind it. I was just confused about that.

Don't mind this CBC...have this gif of Ranmao instead.

Image result for black butler ranmao wakame Wakame, suki suki~

I know, he's a traveling swordsman inspired by samurai I suppose, but he's still from China/(insert fictional equivalent here)

5 minutes ago, Shadowbolt0 said:

I don't understand what is happening in this chat sometimes

You've experienced a quarter of the internet in this thread. The other three quarters are not welcome in this site...

Image result for pepe frog

• Like 2

So I've got 3 assignments due this month

On the Brightside, on my rwby story, I've finished chapter 1 and my chapter 2 has started.

Chapter 2 is going to be me having a LOT of run with a little trope that annoys me. The idea that when girl meets good-looking male, her life changes and she falls madly in love. It's going to be like that, but, well, with a hella twist.

• Like 2

Just now, DreamySunday said:

Tropes aren't good or bad. They're just tools to be used.

Ok fair enough, but this one is often overused and its always frustrated me, along with tropes such as 'female is dependant on male in relationship', 'prophecy is alright right and military guy looks like evil bc he doesn't trust it' and 'no main character is allowed to die'

Just now, DreamySunday said:

Yeah, it can be a little exhausting when a certain trope is in EVERYTHIG. But even then. If you're using it properly theres no reason it can't be good.

I do agree, but I find that most books I read have a lot of overlapping tropes, mostly the ones I've stated above. Hence my wish to shatter them. You'll see when I write chapter 2 and let you guys read it.

It'll take a while, but once uni breaks hits i'll have a lot more time to work on it. I can't promise the quality or style will be any good, I've never written a proper fic NOt in first person. My first person starwars fanfic is my only real experience and its average to say the least. Just a sorta experiment to develop my writing ability.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Shadowbolt0 said:

'no main character is allowed to die'

<sniff> PYYRRRRRHAAAAA!!!

19 minutes ago, DreamySunday said:

But yeah! Can't wait for your fic. :)

I second that!

15 minutes ago, Shadowbolt0 said:

It'll take a while, but once uni breaks hits i'll have a lot more time to work on it. I can't promise the quality or style will be any good, I've never written a proper fic NOt in first person. My first person starwars fanfic is my only real experience and its average to say the least. Just a sorta experiment to develop my writing ability.  

Naaaww, it's gonna be great! I'm so excited I could chug an entire litre of cola...I won't do that though...

• Like 1