RWBY ((OOC discussion+sign ups))

The announce post not at all. the post directed at Pyro suggests that you probably thought my character's fighting style and weapon was better suited for the fight?

As for the art thing go ahead and draw Satyr.

15 minutes ago, SymphonicFire said:

I thought it was great, especially Xan's weapon. I loved how his sword could turn into a sniper rifle and he has a unique fighting style. One thing that could be improved on is his appearance. There wasn't a really creative approach nor was there a variety of colour in his clothes as most of it (if not all) were dark in colour. Also, since this is set in a train compartment, it seems as though his fighting style is more suited for an open area so that his misdirection and decoys would be more effective. Over all it was good, but his clothes could have used more details so that it doesn't completely ruin the stealthy look you might have been going for. 

It's also good to see at least one human.

That's just kinda his thing... he's trying to avoid being seen at all, and I figure dark clothing would help more with that. What kind of details do you think would work?

Congrats Puzzle!

If I could ask, like Pyro, were was it where the character fell down? The main reason I ask is because she is the base format to a character I was planning to use in my novel and i'd like to know what could be seen as a weakness in her base design <3<3<3 

• Like 2

Just now, puzzlebeat said:

The announce post not at all. the post directed at Pyro suggests that you probably thought my character's fighting style and weapon was better suited for the fight?

As for the art thing go ahead and draw Satyr.

Hmm, I thought I edited it. But you're basically right. I'd give it to you in more detail, but I still have things to attend to. I don't know when the artwork will be done, but I'll be sure to give it to you soon.

13 minutes ago, PyroBlaze said:

That's just kinda his thing... he's trying to avoid being seen at all, and I figure dark clothing would help more with that. What kind of details do you think would work?

Being stealthy doesn't mean you have to have dark clothing, he'd stick out like a sore thumb in Atlas or Vacuo XD Maybe some simple designs on his cloak would work? Or some belts that are just for decoration. More diversity in colour (different shades of grey?).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SymphonicFire said:

Being stealthy doesn't mean you have to have dark clothing, he'd stick out like a sore thumb in Atlas or Vacuo XD Maybe some simple designs on his cloak would work? Or some belts that are just for decoration. More diversity in colour (different shades of grey?).

Eh, I suppose you're right. I suck at putting in details that I don't think are important it seems...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SymphonicFire said:

Hmm, I thought I edited it. But you're basically right. I'd give it to you in more detail, but I still have things to attend to. I don't know when the artwork will be done, but I'll be sure to give it to you soon.

It's okay :) take your time and do what you need to.

On 11/1/2016 at 6:32 PM, Shadowbolt0 said:

If I could ask, like Pyro, were was it where the character fell down? The main reason I ask is because she is the base format to a character I was planning to use in my novel and i'd like to know what could be seen as a weakness in her base design <3<3<3 

Other than the fact that she had leopard spots (which was really cool), there was not much creativity in her appearance and her weapon. If I was to describe her myself, I'd say she just looks like a masked member of the Shinsengumi. The backstory was certainly creative and interesting, but it was unnecessary. If you are set on having her wear a hakama and use a katana, then do so since it's your novel, but for a challenge like this it wasn't unique enough to be the winner.

14 minutes ago, SymphonicFire said:

Other than the fact that she had leopard spots (which was really cool), there was not much creativity in her appearance and her weapon. If I was to describe her myself, I'd say she just looks like a masked member of the Shinsengumi. The backstory was certainly creative and interesting, but it was unnecessary. If you are set on having her wear a hakama and use a katana, then do so since it's your novel, but for a challenge like this it wasn't unique enough to be the winner.

A-Aoshi!?

29 minutes ago, DreamySunday said:

A-Aoshi!?

I guess you could say that, but I was actually thinking about the Hijikata Toshizo that was based on the Hijikata Toshizo. Hakuouki Shinsengumi Kitan was a really good watch, Saito is still my favourite. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SymphonicFire said:

her appearance and her weapon

Ok fair enough, I can agree with that.

masked member of the Shinsengumi

The google doesn't show me much, I presume an anime I've yet to get my hands on?

The backstory was certainly creative and interesting, but it was unnecessary.

Yeah, that's my weakness, I create backstory and personalities then write characters around them instead of the other way around

Thanks for the advice!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shadowbolt0 said:

The google doesn't show me much, I presume an anime I've yet to get my hands on?

http://gogoanime.in/category/hakuouki-shinsengumi-kitan-

Saito forever <3 

4 minutes ago, Shadowbolt0 said:

Ok fair enough, I can agree with that.

Yeah, that's my weakness, I create backstory and personalities then write characters around them instead of the other way around

Thanks for the advice!

No problem. I felt as if I was being really harsh, but your submission is honestly not that bad.

15 minutes ago, Shadowbolt0 said:

Really? My characters usually start at appearance and grow from there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PyroBlaze said:

Yeah, sometimes it starts with an idea, like gentleman thief meets Robin Hood, then grows from there, but for me it usually starts at appearance. 

For me too. I don't make the backstory of a character until it is needed. Appearance is always the first thing that comes to mind when I design characters.

• Like 1

Name is usually third or second because I usually choose names based on personality. My most recent one, Gale Irving, is a cheerful and pleasant sort of person. Don't search up his last name...spoilers...